Since the beginning of Season 11 of America’s Got Talent, several talented girls have been wowing the AGT judges. So far 4 of the Golden Buzzers have gone to female tweens/teens including singer Grace Vanderwaal (Howie Mandell), cancer survivor teen singer Caly Bevier (Simon Cowell), opera singing sensation Laura Bretan (Mel B), and hand-balancer/contortionist Sofie Dossi (Reba McEntire).
There are two Golden Buzzers left this week for guest judges George Lopez and One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson. Odds are another group of talented girls — FLIP — will provoke a judge to press the Golden Buzzer. Here are 5 fun facts about FLIP:
- FLIP is composed of 10 girls, ages 14 to 17, from Levis, Quebec, Canada.
- Fellow Canadian Howie Mandel is their favorite judge. (He told them they “moved the room” at their audition.)
- FLIP won the World Hip-Hop Championships (Junior) 2013; the Canadian Hip-Hop Championships (Junior) 2013, and the title of All Young All Stars at the World of Dance Montreal 2013.
- They are a part of District Mao, the same studio behind the synchronized dance troupe DM Nation of AGT Season 10.
- FLIP stands: Friendly.lovely.intelligent.people.
America’s Got Talent final Judge Cuts will air Tuesday, July 19 and Wednesday, July 20 at 8pm on NBC.