It's been a rough sports year for the Carolinas. The North Carolina Tar Heels last second loss to the Villanova Wildcats in the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship only added to the despair that has encapsulated North Carolina and South Carolina within the past 12 months. Consider these nine Carolina happenings:
- South Carolina Gamecocks implode, coach Steve Spurrier resigns mid season.
- Coastal Carolina loses in the first round of the Football Championship Subdivision Playoffs to The Citadel
- The Citadel would go on to lose to Charleston Southern University...
- Charleston Southern would lose 58-38 to Jacksonville State.
- Clemson Tigers lose national championship to Alabama 45-40
- Carolina Panthers lose Super Bowl 50 to the Denver Broncos 24-10
- South Carolina Men's Basketball misses the NCAA Tournament after a bit of controversy, loses 83-66 in round two of the NIT.
- South Carolina Women's Basketball gets upset by Syracuse 80-72 after blowing a 11 point lead in the Women's Elite Eight.
- North Carolina Tar Heels lose 77-74 to Villanova.
At least the Hornets are in the NBA playoffs...
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]