The six investors on ABC’s smash hit Shark Tank have all hit it big. Mark Cuban, Lori Grenier, Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec and Daymond John each had different roads to success–and in various industries. Now as investors they’re looking to help other entrepreneurs achieve their own dreams–for a share in the profit, of course!
The sharks know what they want in an investment and in a partner. They’re all seasoned investors as well as entrepreneurs themselves. They can be just as valuable for their mentoring and advice as for their ready cash flow. The sharks all have a lot in common–hard work, smarts, experience, vision–but they also have some differences. Think you know who said what? Take the quiz.
[The current quiz is completed — answers in bold. We’re working on new ones. Thanks!]
1) “While some people might find it distasteful to pay taxes, I don’t. I find it patriotic.”
2) “Cool and Profit are two different things. I’m already cool and hip.”
3) “All the best things that happened to me happened after I was rejected. I knew the power of getting past no.”
4) “Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours per week.”
5) “Sweat equity is the most valuable equity there is.”
6) “Capitalism creates freedom. I can’t think of a loftier, more important calling than that.”
7) “Don’t let the dark clouds of greed confuse you.”
8) “Good grooming is integral and impeccable style is a must. If you don’t look the part, no one will want to give you time or money.”
9) “I get up at 4 o’clock in the morning, I’m usually in the office by 5-5:30am.”
10) “I meet a lot of people who say, ‘Oh money’s not important to me.’ And I say, that is absolute crap.”