Technology is changing more than just the way we socialize and buy products online. Blogging has become an important marketing tool for everyone, whether you’re a business building online exposure for your services or an individual positioning yourself as an expert in your industry to grow your career. Here are a few benefits of blogging that might convince you to build a blog today.
- Blogging will refine your writing skills. While you may not pursue a career in writing, blogging will improve your written communication in everyday life, from writing emails to reports to personal notes.
- Your thoughts will be more organized. Writing takes effort because you are forced to articulately communicate your thoughts to others concisely. Clear, concise wording and sentence structures are what differentiate blogging from having a conversation where you can constantly clarify what you mean.
- You’ll have more focus in life. As you journal your personal or professional life, you’re bound to reflect on your successes and failures, and learn to be more focused in your endeavors.
- You can be an inspiration to others. By sharing your experiences and educating others, you never know who may find a connection and be inspired by what you’ve written.
- You can make money. You’ve heard of bloggers making 6 and 7-figures, right? If you’re passionate, hard-working and persistent, you can earn a part-time income online, at the very least. However, I don’t recommend that you quit your job with the intention of building an online empire. It takes most bloggers 6 to 12 months before earning any decent part-time income.