So you're committed to electric and you're committed to not spending Tesla money. That makes you a good person--twice, btw. So what are your planet-saving, money-saving options? There's no shortage (because this is no fad): Smart ForTwo, Ford Focus Electric, BMW i3 BEV, Volkswagen e-Golf, Nissan Leaf, Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive, Fiat 500e, Kia Soul EV. But according to Motor Trend, if you want more than 90 miles of range, they're ALL out. Well, except the Kia Soul EV. The Kia Soul EV does 93 miles. Mercedes and Fiat are the closest at 87.
So that's #1 reason Kia Soul is better: range. Here are five more:
- Price -- a beauty can be had for under $34,000 -- and that's before $7,500 federal tax credit, plus whatever breaks your state offers.
- Style -- the Kia Soul looks young and spirited, while also looking dignified; there's no wrong driver age for this car. Good style for the money.
- Feature upgrades are many and also not expensive; add just $1000 and you can warm up the Soul.
- Room -- best in class rear legroom despite the floor-mounted battery pack.
- Speed/power: as leftlanenews writes the Kia Soul delivers "a right-now sort of sensation that even the biggest, many-times-turbocharged German monsters and supercharged American iron can't touch."
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]