TLC is premiering its new bridal dress reality show Hayley Ever After: The Dress on Saturday, January 13 at 9pm (right after Say Yes to the Dress). Hayley started her bridal line when she was just 25 years old. She creates more than ten collections a year with JLM (Joseph L. Murphy), a house of bridal brands. Here are 5 fun facts about the young successful designer:
- The former competitive gymnast from the Bay Area went to Cornell, initially as a pre-med student. She ended up double-majoring in fiber science and apparel design (aka fashion design).
- Between her second and third years of college, she interned at Elle magazine in Manhattan and worked with stylist Julie Weiss.
- After college, she worked for designer Jill Stuart (who saw Hayley’s senior runway show in 2007).
- She went on to work as a designer at Priscilla of Boston for five years. In 2010, Hayley and a friend started a bridal accessory rental company, Something Borrowed. She eventually gave up her half of Something Borrowed to launch Hayley Paige.
- She says she still does all the designing but has two assistants who work on production. All five episodes of Hayley Ever After: The Dress are available on Facebook’s Watch.