The fourth installment of Love & Hip Hop is Love & Hip Hop: Miami. The cameras follow a tight-circle of family and friends including rapper Trick Daddy, his life-long friend and collaborator Trina, and his ex-wife Joy Young, who is Trina’s cousin. Trick Daddy gave Trina her big break in the hip hop world when he asked her to sing on his 1998 single “Nann N***a.” Here are 12 more fascinating facts about Trick Daddy:
- Trick Daddy was born Maurice Young (he’s 43).
- He and his 10 brothers and sisters were raised by his single mother Pearl in Liberty Square aka the Pork-n-Beans Projects. (Liberty Square was built in 1937 as the first public housing project for African Americans in the Southern United States.)
- As a teen, Trick Daddy and his late brother Derek “Hollywood” Harris, lived with their “pimp” father (Trick Daddy’s description) and sold drugs.
- Trick Daddy was 15 when he was first arrested (drug and firearm possession).
- The day he was released, he was arrested on an attempted murder charge, was convicted and returned to jail.
- While in he was jail, his brother Hollywood was fatally shot in 1994.
- Trick Daddy played drug dealer Roman in the 2009 film Just Another Day.
- Trick Daddy has lupus but has refused treatment for the past 10 years.
- His latest album was Finally Famous: Born a Thug, Still a Thug (2009).
- He’s a U of Miami football fan (see photo below).
- Trick Daddy is an author. Check out his memoir Magic City: Trials of a Native Son (see link below).
- He knows how to make conch fritters (and he’s not afraid to dance).
Love & Hip Hop: Miami airs Mondays at 9pm on VH1.
Trick Daddy throwin up the ?? at College GameDay! pic.twitter.com/9mQNvRCHO2
— ESPN Music (@ESPNMusic) December 2, 2017