On Tuesday, January 30, President Donald Trump will deliver the traditional State of the Union address before a joint session of Congress, telecast from the House chamber. The two-hour speech will be televised on all major networks including ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and PBS. If you’re not interested or if you simply prefer reality, here are 6 reality shows to watch instead:
- Citizen Rose, 8pm on E!, the first episode of a 5-part documentary featuring the life of actress Rose McGowan who is part of the #MeToo movement. McGowan wrote in an open letter that Trump is “poisoning the country with his rhetoric,” among other things.
- The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, 9pm on Bravo, Democrats Lisa Rinna and Kyle Richards have made it clear that they did not vote for Trump.
- Intervention (9pm on A&E), Interventionist Michael Gonzales tries to arrange an intervention for heroin addict Toni. Trump said in 2017: “An astonishing 90% of the heroin in America comes from south of the border — where we will be building a wall — which will greatly help in this problem.”
- Shark Tank (9pm and 10pm on CNBC), pre-Trump reruns from 2013 and 2015 starring Mark Cuban who campaigned for Hillary Clinton.
- Married at First Sight, 9pm on Lifetime, Three couples who just married as strangers find themselves testing the marital waters with their new spouse on their honeymoons. According to VP Mike Pence’s rule about not having dinner alone with women other than his wife, these couples are living right. Or are they making a mockery of what should be a blessed rite?
- I Am Jazz, 9pm on TLC, transgender girl Jazz explores dating girls. Jazz is raising money for a film that she will be starring in “that discusses bathroom bans and how it affects transgender youth.”