The first fun fact about Chicken Parmesan is that there are a couple of ways to spell it, and they’re both right. We’re going with Chicken Parmesan over Chicken Parmigiana here because Google search returns 12.5 million results for that query, and Chicken Parmigiana gets only about 1.8 million results. The results switch when you remove the chicken and just search the cheese: Parmesan Cheese itself gets 28 million results and Parmigiano Cheese gets 49 million!
But back to our fun facts list. Lovers of this popular dish and its very popular Chicken Parmesan sandwich version often just call it Chicken Parm — or even Chick Parm — for short. Here are five fun facts about Chicken Parmesan where you’ll find five chicken parm recipes by five celeb chefs.
1) Martha Stewart, Rocco DiSpirito, and Bobby Flay seem to prefer to call the dish by its less common Chicken Parmigiana for their recipes. Bobby Flay’s Chicken Parmigiana dish takes 1:15 to prepare and cook. Martha Stewart’s Chicken Parmigiana goes a little faster, saving you about five minutes. Rocco DiSpirito’s Chicken Parmigiana needs just one ounce of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
2) Celeb chef Mario Batali goes with the more common Chicken Parmesan name for his excellent Chick Parm recipe. Batali’s Chicken Parmesan includes making your own sauce, so it’s no time saver. But they say good things take time.
3) Chicken Parmesan was recently chosen as a battle dish in a delish chef-off between Batali and The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond. Batali won a unanimous decision. His secret? Among other things, Burrata cheese.
4) Like any brand name these days, Chicken Parmesan has brand extensions. (It’s not technically a brand name, but it sure is famous.) Capitalizing on Chicken Parm’s success, enterprising cooks have created Chicken Parm Egg Rolls, Chicken Parm Burgers, Chicken Parm Stuffed Peppers (awesome idea), Chicken Parm Casserole — and on and on. Add your own extension to the big world of Chicken Parmesan. You know what would be great? Chicken Parmesan Tacos, of course!
5) Seems all kinds of people have a love for the Chicken Parm — and it’s not out of place anywhere. Legendary NFL quarterback Peyton Manning made a splash with a funny commercial for Nationwide insurance where Manning sang to his chicken parm sandwich: “Chicken Parm you taste so good.” Bon appetit! And check out the Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set.