The Process, as tanking and rebuilding is now lovingly known in Philadelphia, has shaped the 76ers (11-7) into a young powerhouse of an NBA team, built for speed and victories. In achieving their early season success, the 76ers have been so good they’ve hardly needed two presumably once important pieces of The Process: Jahlil Okafor and Markell Fultz have played a combined total of six games for Philly so far. Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, Robert Covington, veteran J. J. Redick and Dario Saric haven’t needed the help. Brett Brown‘s 76ers are as good as they’ve been since Allen Iverson left town. And they look to be on their way to being as good as they’ve been since Moses and Doc played here.
This week may represent a reckoning of sorts for the brash young crew. The Sixers face the 12-7 Cavaliers on Monday. The Cavs are winners of seven straight. They are also, as you know, a perennial Finals presence with the LeBron James imprimatur. Simmons leads all rookies in scoring (18.5 ppg) without even attempting 3-pointers. Simmons leads the rooks in assists too, at 9.1 apg. The Cavs have gotten younger also, but their championship hopes lie with the veterans James and Kevin Love. The 76ers can show they have what it takes to compete now, not later, with a strong performance on Monday night. 76ers vs. Cavaliers at 7pm ET on NBA League Pass. (See instruction to watch below.)
The most expensive, but most comprehensive coverage of every NBA game — and the only option for out-of-town fans who want to stream every game. Price: $199.99 a season to stream the full slate of games — and watch every NBA team in action. Or choose your favorite NBA team and pay $119.99 for 1-team season access to watch all 82 games plus playoff action. You can also stream a single game by purchasing a one-game pass for $6.99.
- NBA League Pass Mobile Devices: iPhone (iOS 9.0 and higher), iPad (iOS 9.0 and higher), Android Phone (version 4.1 and higher), Android Tablet (version 4.1 and higher), Kindle Fire
- NBA League Connected Devices: Roku 2, 3, and 4, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick, Samsung Smart TVs (more League Pass info here)
For Verizon Wireless customers, VERIZON STREAM PASS go90 offers free NBA League Pass streaming. Here are instructions:
- If you’re on the Verizon Plan Large or higher, NBA LEAGUE PASS is included with your plan. Just add it to your account in My Verizon. If you are on a different plan, you can purchase it directly from the go90 app.To add NBA LEAGUE PASS in My Verizon:
- Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon and sign in if prompted.
- On the Get Products tab, under Premium Products find Stream Pass NBA LEAGUE PASS 16-17 and tap Get It Now.