Two of the most improved teams in the NBA do battle tonight in Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center. The 3-1 Houston Rockets will try to outscore the 1-3 Philadelphia 76ers, who are being led by the extraordinary rookie Ben Simmons and the dynamic second-year center Joel Embiid. In their last meeting in January, Rockets sensation James Harden scored 51 points against Embiid’s 32 and the Rockets socked the Sixers 123-118. (Harden added 13 assists and 13 boards too.) But both teams have new faces now. Harden remains the big numbers man for Houston, but the emerging 76ers could get their buckets from many sources — including JJ Redick, Dario Saric and Robert Covington. It’s an exciting time in Philly.
Simmons is coming off a Harden-like triple-double of his own in his last game, which caused commentator Brent Barry to note that despite being a rookie Simmons is in “complete control.” The Rockets biggest offseason upgrade, point guard Chris Paul, won’t play due to a bruised left knee. Here’s how to watch the game online on your device whether it’s Roku, iPhone, Android, etc.:
Houston Rockets market area fans: DIRECTV® NOW has a “Live a Little” starter streaming package that says “start streaming today at $35/mo. No Satellite Required, No Annual Contracts, Cancel Anytime.” But that will only get you ESPN, ESPN3 and TNT games. There is a free trial.
- To stream locally broadcast NBA broadcasts through the Regional Sports Network (RSN) — the Rockets are on AT&T SportsNet Southwest –upgrade to the DIRECTV® NOW “Just Right” package ($50) or higher. NBA TV is in the DIRECTV® NOW “Go Big” package — 100+ channels for $60 a month.
National Market, including 76ers and Rockets markets: NBA League Pass: The most expensive, but most comprehensive coverage of every NBA game — and the only option for out-of-town fans who want to stream every game. Price: $199.99 a season to stream the full slate of games — and watch every NBA team in action. Or choose your favorite NBA team and pay $119.99 for 1-team season access to watch all 82 games plus playoff action. You can also stream a single game by purchasing a one-game pass for $6.99.
- NBA League Pass Mobile Devices: iPhone (iOS 9.0 and higher), iPad (iOS 9.0 and higher), Android Phone (version 4.1 and higher), Android Tablet (version 4.1 and higher), Kindle Fire
- NBA League Connected Devices: Roku 2, 3, and 4, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick, Samsung Smart TVs (more League Pass info here)
For Verizon Wireless customers, VERIZON STREAM PASS go90 offers free NBA League Pass streaming. Here are instructions:
- If you’re on the Verizon Plan Large or higher, NBA LEAGUE PASS is included with your plan. Just add it to your account in My Verizon. If you are on a different plan, you can purchase it directly from the go90 app.To add NBA LEAGUE PASS in My Verizon:
- Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon and sign in if prompted.
- On the Get Products tab, under Premium Products find Stream Pass NBA LEAGUE PASS 16-17 and tap Get It Now.