The legendary San Antonio Spurs. Small market, big mindset. Winners of 50+ games in every year of this century. It doesn’t just happen in the playoffs and in the big nationally televised games. Spurs fans know it happens night in and night out, this thing they call the “Spurs Way.” You have to see all the games to understand how they do it.
At once a coaching curmudgeon and an innovator, head coach Gregg Popovich will roam the Spurs sidelines a little while longer before he goes straight to the Basketball Hall of Fame. Manu Ginobili is back for what’s surely a swan song in Spanish. Tony Parker again competes at point guard. MVP candidate Kawhi Leonard, the best two-way player in the game, leads a team where dynamic scorer LaMarcus Aldridge is only the second option. Did we mention Danny Green, the most underappreciated player in the NBA — on both offense and defense? Spurs fans have 3 choices to stream the games, depending on where they live. Below is the 411 on watching NBA games from anywhere and everywhere.
The most expensive, but most comprehensive coverage of every NBA game — and the only option for out-of-town fans who want to stream every game. Price: $199.99 a season to stream the full slate of games — and watch every NBA team in action. Or choose your favorite NBA team and pay $119.99 for 1-team season access to watch all 82 games plus playoff action. You can also stream a single game by purchasing a one-game pass for $6.99.
- NBA League Pass Mobile Devices: iPhone (iOS 9.0 and higher), iPad (iOS 9.0 and higher), Android Phone (version 4.1 and higher), Android Tablet (version 4.1 and higher), Kindle Fire
- NBA League Connected Devices: Roku 2, 3, and 4, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick, Samsung Smart TVs (more League Pass info here)
For Verizon Wireless customers, VERIZON STREAM PASS go90 offers free NBA League Pass streaming. Here are instructions:
- If you’re on the Verizon Plan Large or higher, NBA LEAGUE PASS is included with your plan. Just add it to your account in My Verizon. If you are on a different plan, you can purchase it directly from the go90 app.To add NBA LEAGUE PASS in My Verizon:
- Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon and sign in if prompted.
- On the Get Products tab, under Premium Products find Stream Pass NBA LEAGUE PASS 16-17 and tap Get It Now.
DIRECTV® NOW has a “Live a Little” starter streaming package that offers: “Start Streaming today at $35/mo. No Satellite Required, No Annual Contracts, Cancel Anytime.” But that will only get you ESPN, ESPN3 and TNT games. There is a free trial.
- TO SEE ALL GAMES, THIS ONE: To stream locally broadcast NBA broadcasts through the Regional Sports Network (RSN) you need to upgrade to the DIRECTV® NOW “Just Right” package ($50) or higher. NBA TV is in the DIRECTV® NOW “Go Big” package — 100+ channels for $60 a month.
- CHALLENGE: You have to be in the team’s local area to view the RSNs because of broadcast rights issues, so if you’re a Spurs fan in Alaska, you need NBA League Pass to see it all.
SLING TV has a starter package called Sling Orange that includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3 and TNT for watching nationally televised NBA games. It’s $20 a month, and you can choose add-ons like NBA TV $5 more. SLING TV’s A La Carte package lets you craft your own bundle, and you can start free for the first 7 days.