Lee Jean is the adorable 16-year-old from Buffton, South Carolina competing in the fifteenth and final season of American Idol. The self-taught singer and guitarist is a huge Ed Sheeran fan. For his Idol audition in Atlanta, he performed Sheeran’s “I See Fire.” On his way to the Top 24 – he sang Sheeran’s “Runaway” and “Make It Rain.” Jean gave Sheeran a break when he performed with former Idol winner Chris Daughtry (they sang Daughtry’s hig “Home”).
Lee Jean is clearly talented — he’s made it to the Top 14. If you needed more, here are five additional reasons to love and vote for Lee Jean to become the next and last American Idol:
- Clever name: He and his followers on social media go by the name/hashtag — #FamiLee
- Fashion forward. He already has his own fashion line (see below)
- Smart: His favorite class in high school is chemistry
- Humble: Although his fans say he looks taller on TV, he admits he’s barely 5’4″.
- Good taste. His favorite ice cream flavor is butter pecan.
— Megan Galbraith (@meganegalbraith) February 24, 2016