You’re shocked — your favorite celebrity just cut his/her hair and, within months, it’s back to being long, shiny, and beautiful. You write it off to the celebrity life of secret chemical formulas and beauty products you could never afford. Sadly, most of you don’t realize that making your hair grow out faster and longer is really all about lifestyle habits.
While the average person’s hair grows about half an inch per month and this process can’t be accelerated, there are ways to make sure your hair grows at its full potential. Here are 6 ways to make sure your hair grows as fast as possible naturally!
- Develop a healthy lifestyle by drinking 8 glasses of water daily, eating well, exercising regularly, and sleeping enough. Hair and follicle growth is all about healthy lifestyle choices that support cell development and rejuvenation.
- Take dietary supplements or vitamins. Along with a healthy diet, men and women can take supplements or vitamins to supplement their diet. We aren’t talking about prenatal vitamins – just your normal daily vitamin supplement. For example, folic acid is a B12 vitamin that increases cell turnover, repair, and regeneration.
- Reduce stress and relax. Stress can lead to many health issues, from high blood pressure to hair falling out. To reduce stress, try yoga or Pilates, go for a walk, lift weights, or meditate.
- Avoid certain hair styles that require pulling, tightening, or gluing. Hairstyles that put constant strain on your hair can actually cause weaker strands to fall out. Rubber bands, scrunchies, weave glues, and tight braiding patterns may damage your hair. You can check out Men’s Hairstyles Today for some of the latest trends.
- Avoid chemicals and heat. While you are growing your hair out, avoid coloring, bleaching, perming, straightening or curling your hair with heat styling tools.
- Wash 2 to 3 times a week, no more. Most women already know not to shampoo or condition hair every day and to gently brush afterwards, so this advice is aimed at men.