I Can Do That is a new variety show on NBC that will show six celebrities performing a daring new act each week. They’ll work with professional magicians, acrobats and stunt performers. The celebrities on the first season include Dancing with the Stars alum Cheryl Burke, singers Joe Jonas, Nicole Scherzinger and Ciara; comedian Jeff Dye and actor Alan Ritchson. At the end of the six episode show, one will be crowned “the ultimate entertainer.” I Can Do That will premiere on Tuesday, May 26 at 9pm on NBC, after America’s Got Talent.
Funnyman Marlon Wayans will host the show. Here are 7 fun facts about Wayans:
- He’s the youngest of the ten Wayans kids. He’s now 42.
- He was originally cast as Robin in Batman Returns but when Tim Burton was replaced by Joel Schumacher, Wayans was paid out. Chris O’Donnell got the part.
- His middle name is Lamont. “My parents were big Sanford and Son fans.”
- “I’m a gum addict with a five-pack-a-day problem.” Let’s hope he doesn’t chew on-camera.
- His kids’ labradoodle, Shilow, is named after Shiloh Jolie-Pitt.
- He went to high school (Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts) with Jennifer Aniston. She was a senior when he was a freshman.
- He’s working on a 50 Shades of Grey spoof called 50 Shades of Black.