The most fun thing about sports for those stuck in an office this month is March Madness. Filling out your bracket and putting in some money with the hopes of winning your office pool and cashing in is always a lot of fun. This year the Kentucky Wildcats are the even money favorites to win the entire NCAA championship. The games officially tip off March 17th with the Play in games but the real excitement begins on March 19-22 as the first round of 64 dwindles down to 32 teams.
Here are some tips from famous handicapper J. Price on how to fill out your 2015 March Madness Bracket:
- Odds of you filling out a perfect bracket this year – one in 9.2 quintillion.
- History repeats itself. Cinderella teams who get overlooked in bracket placement tend to upset. Look for a 12 seed and 11 to upset a 4 or 5 seeded team in round 1.
- One time in the last decade has all number 1 seeded teams made it to the final four.
- Expect 1 or 2 teams maximum that are number 1 seeds to make it to the final four.
- Have fun with the bracket and remember 42% of those who win their office pools have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
- The 8 seed versus a 9 seed gives the 8th seeded team just a 1% advantage of winning straight up.
Good luck this March Madness. If you are feeling bad about missing your bracket predictions and get knocked out early remember this statistic: “In March of 2014, 8.15 million brackets were filled out on ESPN.com, and just 47 of them predicted a perfect Final Four.”