The judges of American Idol Season 14, Harry Connick, Jr., Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez, have narrowed down the Top 24 contestants–12 male and 12 female performers. Any one of them could become the American Idol winner, a title that can launch a major career. Voting starts Wednesday, February 25. Below are the American Idol Top 24.
The 12 female contestants:
- Adanna Duru – She was on ‘The Voice’ (Team Adam Levine).
- Alexis Gomez – Country singer who likes to perform barefooted.
- Jackie ‘Jax’ Cole — From New Jersey, her signature look is a black X on her face.
- Joey Cook — The blue-haired accordian player from Virginia.
- Katherine Winston — Her voice has been compared to “sheets of silk.”
- Loren Sharice Lott — Her dream is to play Nala in the live Lion King musical.
- Lovey James — Portland teen who already has 12 singles on iTunes.
- Maddie Walker – Country singer with the red hair ends.
- Sarina-Joi Crowe — “Four times a charm!”
- Shaina ‘Shi’ Scott – She goes by “Shi” because her real name means “beautiful” and she doesn’t like being called beautiful by people she doesn’t know.
- Shannon Berthiaume – The next Janis Joplin.
- Tyanna Jones — She’s one of 11 kids, spent two years homeless and ha a winning smile.
The 12 male contestants:
- Adam Ezegelian – A self-described “kid in some awkward curly-headed body.”
- Clark Beckham – 22 year old street performer from Tennessee.
- Daniel Seavey — A-dor-a-ble!
- Mark Andrew Pudas — Landscaper by day, and father of 3-month-old daughter.
- Michael Simeon — Valedictorian of his high school, studying engineering in college
- Nick Fradiani, Jr. – He and his girlfriend auditioned. She didn’t make it, but keeps cheering him on.
- Qaasim Middleton – Former kid actor (The Naked Brothers Band).
- Quentin Alexander – He’s got a lot of style; he’s nickname is “Little Prince.”
- Rayvon Owen — He’s the ringer on the show; like Alfonso Riberio on Dancing with the Stars
- Riley Bria — Country rocker.
- Savion Wright — Baylor student who started a GoFundMe campaign to produce album.
- Trevor Douglas Haueisen – The one rocking the Buddy Holly glasses.