Amazon is supposed to be the ultimate machine -- robots even package up your orders. But there's still a human touch when it comes to the massive retailer that used to be "Earth's Biggest Bookstore"-- and the human touch still graces the site's early mission, selling books.
Amazon's editors have chosen their Top 10 for the month of January and it's a good list, led by the irresistibly titled Lost City Of The Monkey God: A True Story by the tireless Douglas Preston. There's something for everyone in these ten books -- Monkey God alone is packed with history, mystery, geography, adventure, wilderness and suspense. And, of course, there's Oprah. Below are the Top 10, with some of the "by category" picks sprinkled in.
- Lost City Of The Monkey God: A True Story
- Food, Health, and Happiness -- Oprah Winfrey's 115 Recipes
- Three Days in January: Dwight Eisenhower's Final Mission
- The Great Green Room -- Author Amy Gary Explores the "brilliant and bold life of Margaret Wise Brown, who gave us Goodnight, Moon
- The Girl Before: A Novel -- can a fiction writer get a better blurb than "SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE DIRECTED BY RON HOWARD"?
- This Is How It Always Is -- A big, heart-wrenching, complicated family drama that delivers laughter of an unusual cadence charged by an undercurrent of courage
- The Bear and the Nightingale: A Novel -- Fantasy lovers have a new all-star, and her name is Katherine Arden
- History of Wolves: A Novel
- Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk: A Novel -- Suffice it to say you should take the walk with her
- The Dry: A Novel -- it's anything but dry as sure-handed mystery master Jane Harper takes readers for a thrill ride
- Lucky Boy -- Trust author Shanthi Sekaran; she is always about to tell you something fascinating that you know in your heart is true
- Testosterone Rex: Myths of Sex, Science, and Society -- Sex, Science and a Dinosaur in the title. And the insights live up to the promise.
The BEST SALES on Amazon NOW ]