Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are back for Season 15 of Project Runway. In the season premiere, they put the 16 designers straight to work. At the launch party, the designers are told that their first challenge is to use the spirit of the party in their initial designs. They’re not going to mood for material — they must use the party decorations in the room. Everything from the flowers on tables to the shag rugs on the floor are up for grabs.
One of the 16 contestants who stands out is Dexter Simmons. The 32-year-old lives in Oakland, California. When he let the Project Runway cameras into his home, we learn these 5 fun facts about Dexter:
- He lives in a pink apartment building.
- He’s Chihuahua’s name is Cheeks.
- He collects animal skulls.
- He says he’s an athlete “who doesn’t really look like an athlete.”
- One of his best friends is a mannequin. They met 9 years ago when Dexter was doing window designs for Diesel, his first job.
Project Runway airs Thursdays at 8pm on Lifetime.Up to 70% off on Hottest Amazon Deals]