Actor Alec Baldwin is no stranger to Saturday Night Live. He broke record for hosting the show most frequently with 16 episodes (that was in 2011), surpassing Steve Martin’s 15 episodes. Baldwin is returning to 30 Rock to play presidential candidate Donald Trump opposite SNL player Kate McKinnon’s Hillary Clinton.
Although Alec Baldwin, 58, is a well-known Democrat and is 12 years younger than Republican candidate Trump, they have at least 9 things in common:
- They're both from New York.
- Both have hosted Saturday Night Live (Trump in November 2015)
- Both are members of the Screen Actors Guild.
- Both have been nominated for Emmy Awards (Trump for The Apprentice; Baldwin won 2 Emmys for 30 Rock)
- Both are authors:
Baldwin's: A Promise to Ourselves: A Journey Through Fatherhood and Divorce
Trump's latest is Great Again: How to Fix Our Crippled America
- Both were married to actresses: Baldwin to Kim Basinger; Trump to Broadway actress Marla Maples.
- Both remarried much younger women:
Baldwin is married to 32-year-old Hilaria Thomas (a 26-year difference)
Trump is married to 46-year-old Melanie Trump (a 24-year difference)
- Both current wives immigrated to America:
Baldwin’s wife is from Spain; Trump’s wife is from Slovenia (then Yugoslavia).
- Both became fathers again later in life (late 50s): Baldwin’s most recent child, a son, was born in September 2016; Trump’s youngest, Barron is 11.
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]