A group of mothers of young black men and women who have been killed by white men and/or police officers have formed a consortium called Mothers of the Movement. They are turning their grief into action, speaking around the country about “the need for justice, police reform, and gun violence prevention.” They are showing their support of Hillary Clinton by addressing the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, July 26. The theme of the evening is: "A Lifetime of Fighting for Children and Families."
Five of the Mothers of the Movement attending the DNC are:
- Sybrina Fulton, mother of Trayvon Martin, teen killed by George Zimmerman
- Lesley McSpadden, mother of Michael Brown, killed by Officer Darren Wilson
- Gwen Carr, mother of Eric Garner, died of heart attack while in submission hold by NYC police officers
- Lucia McBath, mother of Jordan Davis, killed by man at gas station during an argument over loud music
- Geneva Reed-Veal, mother of Sandra Bland, woman who committed suicide while in police custody
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]