Jeremy Lin, settling in. There is so much messaging in the Instagram JLin shared just before his Brooklyn introductory press conference. Most onlookers are focused on his braids. Hey he tagged it with BrooklynBraided -- shouting out the do crew [email protected] Fans can't help but see Allen Iverson in the style or a guy who played a little closer to the East River -- Latrell Sprewell.
But Lin -- a global sensation as a marketer and symbol of achievement -- is a calculating young man (in a good way). He knows how to frame a message in a scene. Here are 5 takeaways from Lin's Brooklyn Instagram debut:
- Future focus: Lin's got his back turned on Manhattan. He's ignoring his Knicks (and Linsanity) past, staring purposefully into his Brooklyn future.
- Humility: Lin makes fun of his own posture. It's confidence that allows the self-deprecation.
- The Braids: Lin has always managed to adapt and adopt. From Harvard to Charlotte and stops in between, Lin has embraced the new while giving props to what came before. He's not afraid to adopt a style, or place, and make it his own.
- The TAG Heuer: Lin also does his endorsement duty, always a good ambassador for the brands he reps. Shouts out #tagheuer, while signifying it's Brooklyn time.
- The Braidmaker (a very important one): TAG Heuer is a rich international brand, but that's not all Lin's about -- he makes clear. When he gives a nod to who did his braids, it's no household name beauty brand. It's @beautenaturellela -- they have just 375 followers on Instagram. Perfect balance in JLin's first Brooklyn move.
Jeremy Lin hair update pic.twitter.com/GYWSWTj8Fj
— Oruny (@OrunyChoi) July 20, 2016
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]