Is it doctored footage? It certainly appears to be sped up, at the least. And what is the lighted orb that flies through to the epicenter of the swirling cloud mass? These are the questions that stir a suspicious (hopeful?) segment of the population -- and the tendency to believe in possible extraterrestrial activity in our atmosphere coupled with said activity's proximity to the Large Hadron Collider at CERN is irresistible for many believers.
Tourists allegedly filmed the swirling cloud activity below, which was published in December by Section 51, a YouTube operation specializing in purported UFO sightings. (It's been viewed over a quarter million times.) The Large Hadron Collider's public relations staff is already very busy working full time to refute charges that scientists at CERN are "playing God", creating dangerous black holes, and other nefarious activity. Recent refutations from the staff at CERN have even felt compelled -- because the anti-CERN faction is not small -- to explain why a statue of the god Shiva ("the destroyer") is on the grounds in Geneva, Switzerland -- as well as these other explanations:
- CERN Denies Stephen Hawking Meant Large Hadron Collider
- CERN Defends Its Statue of Hindu God Shiva ‘The Destroyer’
- What Are Large Hadron Collider Effects On Weather Patterns
- CERN Battles Dark Matter Doomsday Scenario
- CERN Tries To Calm Fears On Large Hadron Collider, September 23
- CERN Denies It Will Create Black Holes — In “Cosmological” Sense
- Large Hadron Collider — Mysterious Object Detected In Tube
- CERN Adding New Collider To LHC, 1000 Times Faster Acceleration
CERN won't likely need to reply to the latest theory that its activity is making the sky swirl and creating (or inviting?) unidentified flying light spheres. That is, until Donald Trump stirs up his followers by mentioning it as a problem he can fix.