Watching old Glee episodes suddenly became disturbing like watching old Cosby Show episodes — after news broke of star Mark Salling’s alleged involvement in child pornography. Salling became famous playing Noah “Puck” Puckerman on Glee.
The lines Salling’s character speaks in Glee obviously have nothing to with Salling’s personal life. But in our celebrity saturated world, where the personas of stars are part of the package the public buys, it’s still hard not to cringe at certain lines. It’s impossible to watch Salling and ignore the charges. Here are some lines that sound a lot less fun than they sounded when Salling, as Puck, first uttered them.
- “Number one, you’re hot. Number two, I’m hot. Number three, Beth needs a dad.”
- “I called dibs on all the chicks whose boobs aren’t done growing yet.”
- “What do you want me to do? Apologize? That’s not me, dude.”
- “Are you kidding? Those skirts are crunchy toast. Santana Lopez bent over in hers the other day, and I swear I could see her ovaries.”
- “Rachel was a hot Jew and the good Lord wanted me to get into her pants.”
- “I’m not breaking up with you. I’m just saying please stop super-sizing because I don’t dig on fat chicks.”
- “Quinn and I weren’t dating. She was dating someone else; we just did the nasty. And she understood you can’t tie me down. I’m a sex shark; if I stop moving, I die.”
- “Life’s just a bunch of experiences, you know? You don’t get a medal at the finish line for being good. You just get dead.”
- “You want her? You don’t need any cash for that. She’s free.”
- “Have fun taking the short bus home while I take these two ladies back to Chez Puck for a little suckie suckie.”