Periscope is a space age tool that can turn anybody's life into an instant reality show. That's the amazing thing. The flip side is that most reality shows -- even those with experienced professionals running the show -- get kind of ugly. Periscope reality shows can get way uglier, like in the case of the Florida woman who thought it'd be cool to Periscope herself driving drunk.
As you may have heard in Spider-Man, "with great power comes great responsibility." Periscope gives people power. Here's a quick list of things you shouldn't do with that power -- if you want your digital footprint to be clean enough to keep you employable. And if you want to stay alive.
- Periscope driving drunk
- Periscope someone else's nudity
- Periscope yourself taking illegal drugs
- Persicope your own nudity (up to you, but think of that interview)
- Periscope yourself cursing out your boss
- Periscope sex (have lots of sex if you want, just don't periscope it)
- Periscope bullying/verbal abuse* (never bully, periscope or not)
Are there more? What shouldn't you periscope?
*the exception here is if you are using Periscope to capture evidence of someone else's bullying.
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]