The first round NBA playoff match-up between the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs and Los Angeles Clippers has everything Zack Snyder's Batman v. Superman has. No special effects, you say? Tell that to soaring Clippers forward Blake Griffin, who even wears a cape at times. And there is no more Clark Kent kind of guy in the NBA than the mannerly Tim Duncan, unless it's his quiet and powerful counterpart Kawhi Leonard.
Here are 11 reasons Spurs v Clippers should rival Batman v. Superman. (Spurs v. Clippers starts Sunday night at 10:30 on TNT.)
- Blake Griffin can fly.
- Tim Duncan, playing his 18th season, still prefers phone booths.
- Spurs go Batman-esque in black and gray, Clippers do Superman red.
- Clippers ($2 billion) actually one of few things in LA that costs more than Batman v. Superman.
- Spurs, like Superman, almost all born somewhere else.
- Spurs and Clippers enter performing well. Batman, eh.
- Coach Popovich is as great a scientist as Jor-El, Superman's pop. What chemistry!
- You can watch Spurs v. Clippers for free.
- There could be 6 quick sequels (it's best of 7).
- Spurs guard Tony Parker has dated as many starlets as Ben 'Batman' Affleck.
- Because Clippers also battled evil last year and heroically prevailed.
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]