Television star Maria Menounos used to weigh 40 pounds more than she does now. And Menounos has outlined what works for her in her book The EveryGirl's Guide to Diet and Fitness. It’s based on the idea that 75 percent of what you eat should be healthy and really good for you. The other 25 percent can be splurges.
When asked what to serve last-minutes guests, Menounos said bruschetta is her go-to, crowd-pleasing dish. Here’s what you need to make Maria’s Greek Bruschetta: 1 loaf fresh Italian or French baguette bread cut into 1-inch slices; 1/4 cup olive oil (for brushing); 4 medium tomatoes, diced; 1 tablespoon oregano; Pepper to taste; and 1 pound feta cheese, crumbled.
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and brush each slice with the oil. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, oregano, pepper, and feta.
- Bake bread slices for 8 minutes or until bread is crispy.
- Top each slice of bread with some of the mixture.
Makes 6 to 8 hors d’oeuvre servings
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]