As the cost of car insurance increases, families on budgets start to feel the squeeze. Just because a company offered the lowest premiums a few years ago doesn’t mean they're still the best option in the market. If you’re paying more than the average car insurance rates for your state, then there are a number of ways you can get cheap car insurance without switching carriers or changing policies.
Although not all discounts may be applicable to your particular circumstances, no doubt you will be able to save money on car insurance by considering these 7 tips to cheap coverage.
- Increase Your Deductible – The less money you require your car insurance company to pay when an accident occurs, the lower your auto insurance premium will be.
- Choose Easier Payment Methods – Auto insurance companies usually offer discounts if you make it easy for them to get their premium payments.
- Ask For A Student Discount – Auto insurance companies correlate good performance in school with good driving, so the best car insurance companies usually offer discounts for good students who average at least a “B”.
- Qualify For A Low-Mileage Driver Discount – The less you drive, the lower your premiums get.
- Park In A Garage – Car insurance carriers consider where you live and whether you maintain safe parking for your vehicle when calculating premiums.
- Bundle Policies – Companies give discounts when you buy multiple policies (i.e. car, life, and home coverage) with the same company.
- Driver’s Education Discount – Complete a driver’s education course again and get 10 to 20 percent off your premiums.
[Check out the "Most Interesting Finds" on Amazon ]